Family Picture 2010

Family Picture 2010
My World

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blessed To Be Stressed

Each day, I try to remind myself of what i have been blessed with. These boys of ours are seriously laid back, which is apparently what God knows I need. I cherish the moments where Preston shows signs of growth, both intellectually and spiritually. Little things, such as when he sneezes in the crook of his arm and says he learned that at school. And, when he points out that God made the sun on an early morning drive to school. Even his vocabulary is expanding, which is huge since we have worried about his articulation of words for a while. His growth makes me proud. Little Coop is growing like a weed and his smiles make me forget about my daily stressor called work. My favorite is when I find him awake in the morning just laying in his crib smiling from ear to ear. Melts my heart!

My hubby has been Mr. Mom during VB season. While I am sure he is counting down the days til November, I continue to be thankful for his love and support during VB season. The combination of season and work have been extra stressful on me and led to one major meltdown day and I am forecasting another, ha! Sometimes a girl just needs to cry, ya know?!?! Momma and Michael came to the rescue that day. It didn't help that I had laryngitis and it was tryout week. Anyhow...I will try to work on the emotional thing. Although, I am convinced that having children has made me extra sensitive! My mom has prescribed Midol :)

Michael and the boys have been Super Volleychief fans. It has been a hoot seeing Preston and Daddy walk in wearing matching Volleychief shirts. Little Cooper has adjusted well to being passed around the stands as I coach and Preston easily talks someone into playing ball with him so he is entertained. The students/parents are amazing with our boys. We are certainly blessed to have such caring students/parents in the stands.

Work has been an adjustment for me as I have taken on teaching Marketing I & II and the DECA club. This year has made me miss the hours of my 8-5 job, from back in the day, as I am currently achieving work hours of 6:30am-5:30pm on practice days and til about 9pm on game days. Tournaments also start this weekend. I am a person who likes to be ahead of the game and this year I haven't even been able to catch up. A lot of this is because I am particular and organized, or I at least strive to be. Some call it anal. I guess it is because I care, too.

Lack of sleep has contributed to the stress and tears as well. No, not because Cooper wakes up at night. He has been a good sleeper since he came home (another blessing). Sleeping is just not something I am good at (hence, the reason I am typing this at 12:30am). I pretty much suck at sleeping. My mom would say, "Well, you've got other talents!". Love her! I hate the alarm. It typically goes off shortly after I have gotten back to sleep. I heart the weekends when I can turn that off.

I continue to work on my Couch to 5K goal. However, work has kept me away from the gym
way more than I anticipated. I do enjoy the program and plan to stick with it.

So, now that I look back at what I typed it looks like I am complaining. I try not to do that. My life is hectic, but I am so blessed by that. My hectic work schedule makes me lean on God and my family and I couldn't be more comfortable doing that. My family is why i wake up in the mornings (and nights) and do what i do.

Lately, I have been thankful for: My boys...all 3 of them. My momma, aka, YaYa...she is always willing to help with the boys. My G-Ma...she is full of love and Bonnie Mart has food-a-plenty! My brother and sister in law who have wrapped up 5 years in the Army. My co-workers...so supportive and helpful! And, last but definitely not least, Our daycare & preschool...they are filling our boys with love and life. There are many more...these are just heavy on my heart lately.

Trusting in Him with all my heart!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...from my little girl to a beautiful mother, wife and teacher to others. Stil my beautiful, spiritual daughter. Love you more!

    ReplyDelete